Monday, April 21, 2014

LAMDA Result (April 3, 2014) and Stats Update

On April 3rd, I received the following letter (attached to an email) from LAMDA:


Honestly, utterly surprised. I've never felt very positive about my LAMDA auditions, as they're so quick, and also they audition in so many places in the United States that I think they see way more applicants than a lot of the other British schools for which I applied (and probably more than a lot of the American schools, too).

For that reason, I don't think I've ever been more proud to be shortlisted! It's so strange that there's nothing for me to do but wait. They saw me once, for about fifteen minutes back in February, so I'm not entirely sure how they'll even remember me. But I hope they do! LAMDA's my second choice after Guildhall (as of right now, having not been to Guildhall yet).

So, here are my updated stats:

Guildhall: final recall audition, two days between May 18th - 23rd.
Bristol Old Vic: shortlisted, will hear final decision in early May.
RCS: accepted!
LAMDA: shortlisted, will hear final decision in June.
Juilliard: no end of the day callback, rejected.
Yale: no end of the day callback, rejected.
TISCH: no end of the day callback, rejected.
ACA: end of the day callback but ultimately rejected.
ACT: final callback weekend, chosen as an alternate.
Old Globe: rejected. (I heard from them via letter a couple weeks ago, but had already assumed I wasn't in as they are HIGHLY selective and also usually call people in the middle of March with their decisions.)


4 comments:

  1. Hey there I've been shortlisted too, now begins the frustrating wait to find out what will happen :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waiting is absolutely hands down the worst part.

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling exactly, I've been trying to find things to do with my life hah. I messaged LAMDA last weekend to talk about what being on the shortlist really means and this is what they sent me, " We will be issuing an update towards the end of June once all of our recall auditions have taken place to inform applicants whether they are still on the waitlist or not. Past that point I’m afraid there is no set date that you would find out- it could be any time between June and the course starting in September. Sorry I can’t be of more help on that matter."

    So basically we could not find out for ages :.( hope this helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that sounds about right. Good to know the "official" answer, though, so thanks!! We've just gotta hang in there.

      Delete