Monday, April 7, 2014

Old Globe Audition (February 5, 2014)

After my jam-packed Tuesday experience, only having one audition sounded like a breeze! I only experience slight nerves on my way to the Hyatt Regency for my audition for the Old Globe program at 10:15am. (The nerves escalated slightly as I ONCE AGAIN got lost.)

They were running a bit behind, so I ended up waiting outside the room for about fifteen minutes. When I was called in, it went by in the blink of an eye. The two men inside the room were incredibly friendly and put me at ease. I introduced myself, did my two pieces and then we briefly chatted about them and about my resume, mostly just the fact that I played viola. And that was all.

It seems even unnecessary to blog about it, but for consistency's sake...

I did not have high hopes for the audition anyway, as Old Globe is notoriously selective (even MORE selective than all the other insanely selective programs for which I was auditioning). They also have no callback process -- it all rests on those initial ten minutes. I didn't feel bad about my audition, but I was realistic about my chances. I hopped on a bus and went back to work. They don't let you know if you got in until around the end of March, but I wasn't holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment